Blues In Warsaw
Become a teacher
Dear Practicing and Aspiring Teachers,
we would hereby like to announce a teachers’ contest in order to foster an exchange of experience and give you an opportunity to share your ideas with the Autumn Blues community. You don’t have to be a professional teacher to apply. We will also welcome submissions from dancers who want to make their first steps teaching.
We are looking for original, but general ideas, useful for dancers on different levels. They can even be borrowed from other dances or activities, if only their application to blues would enrich skills, spirits or wisdom of the participants.
Winners will be awarded:
• A full pass for our event for each winner (if you already paid, we will return the registration fee).
• Participation in classes of the invitational group.
• Accommodation from Friday to Monday.
• The submitted recordings will be evaluated by the organizers and our invited teachers.
• As we have 1.5 hour per three levels – Mississippi, New Orleans, Chicago – you have two options. You may prepare one theme and adapt it to each level or prepare three classes of different themes. What matters is the clarity of concept and explanation so that the judges can evaluate if the material is suitable for each level.
• There will only be one winner: either a couple or a single teacher. We also accept submissions for solo classes and accept single teachers of coupled classes.
• The deadline for submission is the 31st of September (until midnight, Central European time).
• The results will be announced at the beginning of October.
• In case the competition is strong, the organizers reserve the right to invite some competitors to teach a taster class (apart from the winners).
• The submitted clip should contain a short presentation of material to be covered in all three classes of different levels (no longer than 5 minutes including distinction of material).
• The video should be uploaded to YouTube with privacy settings set to “Unlisted” (that’s really important; it should not be « Public » nor « Private ») and copy the URL to the clip. The URL should be similar to this one: https://youtu.be/xxxxxxxxxxx.
• THE VIDEO SHOULDN’T BE PUBLISHED ANYWHERE ELSE BEFORE OR DURING THE CONTEST!
• The clip should be sent as a YouTube link via email to email@example.com with names of the teachers and an additional description you wish to add to it.
• One person/ couple can place a maximum of two videos, each covering material for all three levels (clips up to 5 minutes).